Week three finds me in a much better mood. The sun has finally returned and, while I’m still behind on word count, I’m catching up. Even better, I feel that a decent percentage of these words don’t suck and may actually be salvageable after the month is over. Hurrah!
Avenging Fate: 12,600
Idea that has no title but which will not leave my head: 7,500
Well, progress has been made and at least I’ve crossed 20K. I’m still way off the pace given that we’re past the halfway mark and I haven’t hit 25K, yet, but I’m planning a big push for Thanksgiving weekend.
Happy Video of The Week
For your time wasting pleasure and enjoyment, here’s this week’s happy video. I’m not sure which gets me more with this one: The 80’s-sounding pop tune and retro video style or the dang cats. Enjoy!
Music in Rotation This Week:
Both books have turned dark, so I really only have three albums in rotation this week:
- 99 Darkest Pieces of Classical Music
- 99 Most Essential Cello Masterpieces (Nothing says dark and moody like a cello.)
- 99 Essential Chants (If a cello isn’t moody enough, Gregorian chants certainly are.)
When Not NaNo’ing…
Some of the activities I’m engaging in to keep my creativity and energy levels up.
- Corn Maze! It stopped raining long enough for us to get to the corn maze before they plowed it down. We didn’t get hopelessly lost! I was afraid we’d be out there for days, wandering around.
- Movies. Actually went to the theater and saw Spectre this week. It was awesome. I also re-watched the Hunger Games movies in preparation for Mockingjay Part 2. I really need to reread the books, but that’s probably not going to happen until after NaNo.
- Reading. I’m not willing to give this up no matter how far behind I get! You can check out my weekly reading lists for more on that. I will say that I’m going today to pick up my copy of The Witches: Salem, 1692 at the library today and I’m really looking forward to reading it.
- Playing board games. Still playing games. This week’s rotation features the new edition of Risk: Star Wars. It’s nothing like regular Risk which is a good thing. It’s much shorter and more fun than Risk.
- Exercise. The sun finally returned so I’ve been able to get outside and walk and work in the yard. It’s made all the difference in my mental state and productivity.
Well, it’s not so much snacks this week as I’ve discovered a new recipe. Roasted Red Pepper Mac and Cheese. As a huge cheese lover, this was just something I had to try and now I may never stop eating it.
(Photo courtesy of bykst)